Hi, I’m Ryan. I’m a Software Engineer/Researcher based in Utah, USA and enjoy playing piano, learning, writing, and pretty much anything related to computers.
I founded CodexWest which offers source code review and R&D consulting for any sort of software technical legal cases and companies (and I luckily really enjoy it). I also partner at Source Code Discovery and am the Director of Engineering at Crimson Vista, and have a passion for learning new things. In addition to my job, I’m working towards a Ph.D in Computer Science at the University of Utah, focusing on 5G mobile networks and decentralization.
While I love all things computers, I’m particularly interested in blockchain, security, DevOps, the Fintech space, infrastructure, and open-source, self-hostable software.
- I’m very interested in Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) - both in archiving and using your personal data (I use and develop plugins for obsidian.md)
- I love to learn! I have a love/hate relationship with Goodreads 📖 and need to find a self-hostable solution
- Some of my favorite piano pieces to play 🎹: The Greatest Showman Medley; Love’s Sorrow; Wedding Day at Troldhaugen
- My first major programming project was recreating the Bang! card game in C# as a teenager, which is available on GitHub and has a video
- I’m obsessed with trying new foods and especially salsas, it’s a hobby
- Skiing, racquetball, pickleball, and ping-pong are my favorite sports 🏓
- I’m a proud eagle scout 🦅